We love our animals and tend to protect them like they’re our children. However, we tend to forget that there are items that are perfectly safe for us but unsafe for our pets. Cats and dogs often metabolize food, medicine and chemicals differently than we do, and if they ingest something that is poisonous to them, it can lead to serious health problems.
Look around your house:
1. Are all of your prescriptions in safe, pharmacy-issued containers? Are they stored out of reach?
Dogs are curious creatures, and many will eat any and all pills or medications they find on the floor. Tall dogs will often snoop around the kitchen counter looking for food and will sometimes instead find medicine they shouldn’t have. Ingesting medicine can make them very sick or can even be fatal, depending on the type of medicine.