Help Your Pet Stay on Its Best Behavior.
Pets can’t tell you something is wrong, so it’s important you are able to spot unusual shifts in mood or behavior. These changes are often a symptom of an underlying medical issue and could indicate more serious health problems. If you notice your pet acting abnormally you should schedule an appointment with Oaklawn Animal Hospital immediately by calling us at 401-943-0500.
Our experienced staff can determine the medical cause for your pet’s unusual behavior and work thoroughly to fix the problem, helping them return to their happy and loving selves.
Fear Free Happy Homes
Fear Free Happy Homes is a new online resource providing ongoing Fear Free education for pet owners – from behavior, to training, to grooming, nutrition, travel, safety, family and kids. Fear Free Happy Homes offers free memberships with access to a library of downloadable resources, education content, special deals on Fear Free approved pet products and more! Sign up for a free Fear Free Happy Homes membership today.
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers: find trainers in the area.
- Is your dog or cat driving you crazy?
- Dr. Sophia Yin: Animal Behaviorist
- Patricia McConnell Animal Behaviorist
- Preventing dog bites
- Virtual Pet Behaviorist
- Dr. Karen Overall, Animal Behaviorist:
- Understanding canine separation anxiety
- Understanding feline elimination disorder
- Understanding feline impulse status aggression
- Understanding feline play aggression
- Understanding generalized anxiety
- Understanding geriatric animals
- Understanding inter-cat aggression
- Understanding inter-dog aggression
- Understanding obsessive compulsive disorder
- Understanding odd canine behavior
- Understanding odd feline behavior
- Understanding redirected aggression
- Informed consent statements
- General guidelines for using Alprazolam
- Preventing treating attention seeking behavior
- Tier 2- Desensitizing canine impulse aggression
- Tier 2- Desensitizing conditioning canine to relinquish objects
- Tier 2- Desensitizing conditioning to activities near the door
- Tier 2- Desensitizing conditioning to new people and animals